Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Running: America's Running Routes

I came across a great feature on the USA Track & Field website - a searchable database of running routes across the country. Far too often when I'm traveling on business I'll ask the concierge or desk clerk for suggestions as to running routes, and I'll either get a blank stare or directions to the hotel's treadmill. Problem solved!

The site isn't just a good resource for travelers, however - it lists no less than 78 routes right here in Charlottesville. And, it has a very cool mapping feature that allows users to map (and measure!) their own routes and add them to the list. Surprisingly, I noticed that the Charlottesville 10 Miler course isn't one of them - I'll have to get on that....

http://www.usatf.org/routes/

No comments: