Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Running: Running in Place

I’m writing this post from a hotel room; I’m traveling on business for a few days.

It only takes me a few minutes to pack for these trips. Suits for meetings during the day, a casual shirt and pair of pants, toiletries, and my running stuff. I always look forward to a stress-relieving run at the end of the day. So, I was less than pleased when I realized that I had forgotten my running shorts. While the front desk clerk is happy to address your forgotten toothpaste needs, they don’t offer emergency running shorts. Hence my aforementioned trip out to find an open Target, or Walmart, or Kmart, or something, to find a pair. Alas, nothing was open (it’s late at night – after discovering that I was sans shorts earlier this evening, I had opted to work for a few hours and go shorts-hunting later – where are my priorities?)

Fortunately whoever is in the room below me didn’t complain about the noise from me running in place for a half hour.

1 comment:

gomomyourock said...

You couldn't pack them because they were still in the laundry...time to fire that woman!