Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Rivanna Trail Run

Another good run tonight. I was off work for MLK day (and actually took the day off and only checked my work email once - well, twice) so I was able to drop my daughter off at her piano lesson and run on a section of the nearby Rivanna Trail, a 20+ mile loop of trails circling Charlottesville. Probably not too bright running on a hilly and rock-and root-strewn trail when my knee was acting up, but it was worth it. I'd love to take a couple of Saturdays and run the whole thing as two 10 milers. My main obstacle (other than not being in prime shape right now for a trail 10-miler) is my sometimes questionable navigational skills. The last time I did a long run on the Rivanna Trail I got myself lost. Dave, if you're reading this, let me know if you ever want to resume our trail running outings - you were always an able navigator....

In the meantime, I'll work on knocking it out in shorter segments. At only 20 miles, it's 2,155 miles shorter than my other section-hiking goal!

No comments: